CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 28, 2008

Dustin & Cassie ~ June 24, 2006

The Happy Couple!
The day was June 24th, 2006...the day I got married to the LOVE of my life! It had rained ALL week leading up to and in the morning of my rehearsal! UM...I had an OUTDOOR ceremony! YIKES! But, luckily it stopped raining mid-day and we had an absolutely beautiful day for the wedding. It was a tad hot for the guests, but I didn't notice!

My wedding was at Fort Benjamin Harrison in Indianapolis, Indiana. My mom and I spent about 2 years planning my big day! I can remember the first time I went out to the Fort and I left there in tears! It was not exactly what I pictured as my dream wedding location (probably because we visited in winter and my wedding was in the summer), but once we started coming up with all of the amazing things we could do to make it spectacular it became an absolutely PERFECT place!

We connected with some absolutely wonderful vendors.
  • Nana's Village House in Zionsville did my flowers (Linda is AMAZING)
  • A-Classic handled all of our rental items (an arch, all of my linens & martini glasses for the centerpieces, chairs for the ceremony)
  • Paige at Sweet Seductions did my wedding cake (red raspberry swirl cake with buttercream filing, Key Lime & Zesty Lemon...YUM YUM)
  • Ken Stout provided our entertainment for the evening
  • Jenny Powell with Resurrection Brass provided the BEAUTIFUL violin music for the ceremony
  • Yellow Rose Carriage provided two horse-drawn carriages for the event
  • Carey Indiana Limo provided a 23 passenger mini-bus to transport my guests to and from the ceremony site
  • Matt Ayers did an OUTSTANDING job with the photography (I had SO many compliments!)
  • Sharon with Precious Memories put together a video monage of Dustin & I that played right before our introduction into the ballroom...she also put together a video of my day that was documented by some of my family members who took video from so many different angles that day
  • Fast Signs made all of our direction signs (they were FABULOUS!)
  • I found my DREAM wedding dress at Posie Patch Bride Superstore in Castleton (I found it in a magazine and just knew it was the dress...all of my thoughts were confirmed when I put it on!)
  • Allure Salon did all of my girls hair (as well as my mother's and grandmothers')
  • My cousin, Kelsey (she works for Merle Norman) did everyone's make-up
  • And, to top it off...my Uncle Jeff was the officiant!

So, once the rehearsal dinner was over all of my girls and I stayed in one of the sargeant quarters for the night. It was fun and I didn't get to sleep until about 1:30 in the morning! Morning came all too quickly and it was then time to travel to the salon for hair. Once hair was finished it was back to the sargeant quarters for make-up then time to put on our dresses for pictures! We took pictures for an hour and half (we walked all over that place and it was HOT!). When we returned we ate while the guys walked all over and go their pictures taken! Then, it was time for the ceremony to begin...the horse drawn carriage arrived and all of my girls and ring bearer loaded on one carriage and my dad and I were on the other. It was SHOWTIME! The ceremony was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I did a good job of holding back the tears and I was so happy to see everyone and it was amazing to lock eyes with my HUSBAND and just be in that moment!

Once the ceremony was over all of my guests went to the cocktail hour and we of course took more pictures! But then it was time to go the reception. My wedding party was introduced and then Dustin & I's video montage was shown and then we were introduced! It was a bit overwhelming to see everyone, but it was so nice to know just how loved we are. The food was GREAT (we had so many compliments) and everything looked like a fairytale to me!


What I am most proud of is that I can say that given the chance I would do my wedding all over again in a heartbeat (to the same man, of course)! It was such an amazing experience and I thoroughly enjoyed the process. Everything went so smoothly and all of my girls loved how relaxed and unrushed they felt during the entire process.

It was GREAT and I can't thank my parents enough for all of their love and support!

Me :)


My AMAZING husband!




My Girls


His Guys!


The BEST Ring Bearer ever!


The Gazebo at Fort Benjamin Harrison

My Daddy & I!

Jenny Powell

Dustin & I during a prayer


The Garrison at Fort Benjamin Harrison


The AMAZING cake

My Mom & I

There are SO many GREAT pictures to choose from, but that is all that I currently have time to upload!

2 comments:

The Economical Lawyer said...

I am wondering more about your experiences at the Garrison. I am considering it for my wedding reception and just had a few concerns and wanted to hear about your wedding reception there. Thanks!

A Touch of Elegance, LLC said...

I would be happy to talk to you more about my experience at The Garrison. We had an absolutely wonderful experience and they were so friendly and willing to work with us. I guess I could help you more if you let me know what your concerns are and I can provide feedback as to how we handled those situations. We are doing another wedding there for one of our clients on September 13th so I will have more comments once that is over. However, everyone has been so nice. There is a lot to consider, so let me know your concerns and I will be happy to provide feedback and let you know how we handled it!