CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 28, 2010

All Things Paper: Save the Dates!!!


I don't know about anyone else out there, but I am a huge fan of save the dates! Having that extra bit of notice for someone's wedding is always helpful for me. We had save the dates for our wedding, and I was so glad that we did. More than half of our guest list was made up of family and friends who would have to travel to attend our big day. There are so many different ideas out there for save the dates, it's hard to pinpoint a favorite. So why choose just one, when we can look at more? :)


Far left column, from top: Magnet Street, Magnet Street, Craft Master Invitations
Middle column, from top: Invitations by Dawn, Magnet Street . Far right column, from top: Martha Stewart, Wedding Paper Divas, Wedding Paper Divas

Your options are endless when it comes to these things! What I love about save the dates is that you can really tie in the theme or colors of your wedding to set the tone of the event early, be it a more formal or a fun, low key event. There are magnets, postcards, calendars, you name it, it's probably out there. Check out this unique option, a bookmark!

Photo courtesy of Martha Stewart Weddings.

When looking around the internet for some save the date inspiration, I found so many creative options! I wish I had seen some of these before. For example, on the Erin McLean Events blog, they showcased this awesome idea:
How cool is that? A scratch off save the date! So, so, so creative!

Another option for those of you on a budget like my husband and I were is that you can create your very own save the dates! I spent a few days on the computer toying around with various ideas and came up with something we both liked. I uploaded it onto Vistaprint and just like that, we had great save the date postcards! And did I mention they only cost us $10.00 including shipping? Bargain! One thing's for sure, you won't have a tough time finding things to choose from, the problem will be picking just one!!!

0 comments: